Thank you for attending last week’s UXPALA event with Rob Pope (@dogtownmedia) and Esteban Pérez-Hemminger (@CertifyDesign)! We hope you enjoyed the event, met new people, made new friends, enjoyed the refreshments and venue (Thank you Ticketmaster!) and found ways to continue to advance your career in UX.
#UXDesignSecurity was the event tag for the evening. You can search Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for pictures and posts.
SLIDES FROM OUR SPEAKERS:
- ROB POPE: How We Got Here: A History of Computer Security And Its Design
- Esteban Pérez-Hemminger: Designing for compliance: why you should care
COMMUNITY JOBS & ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Ticketmaster is hiring a Product Designer
- Amanda McGlothlin – (Amanda is a Cofounder of hq.network). We’re working to create a better user experience around security. We are in Early Access for our first product and looking for feedback. The product is an ad and malware blocking VPN that gets you a secure internet connection everywhere. It is especially useful for people who regularly work on sketchy public wifi at places like coffee shops. Would love to hear what people from the UX community think. Here is a link to learn more and request an invite: https://hq.network/personal
- IBM is hiring – JOB LISTING
- Qualitative Research Class by Indi Young: https://indiyoung.com/advanced-training-series
UXPALA 2019 EVENTS – VENUE PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
We are so grateful to Ticketmaster for partnering with us for this event! Have a venue to suggest? Want to host at your company? Let us know! Become a UXPALA 2019 Venue Partner.
UXPALA OPEN LEADERSHIP POSITIONS:
Open positions – UXPALA’s Board of Directors:
- Director of Conferences
- Director of Education
- Director of Events
- Director of Finance (CFO)
- Director of Marketing
- Director of Media
- Director of Membership
- Director of Professional Development
- Director of SEO and Analytics
- Director of Social Media
- Director of Technology (Front End, WordPress, etc.)
- Secretary to the Board of Directors
- Associates to Directors (various positions)
Thank you to the following partners for making this event possible:
Thanks again for attending this event! Enjoy and make sure you’re set to receive all announcements for events in 2019!