We are the Los Angeles chapter of the User Experience Professionals Association.
UXPALA is a non-profit 501(c)6 Business League. With over 4,400 active members, we are the second largest UXPA chapter in the world. Our focus at UXPALA is Service and Education to the UX and Tech community, and develop these disciplines through events, workshops, and mentoring.
Our chapter and membership support UX professionals (advanced, entering, transitioning, students and all related) in advancing their knowledge and use of:
- best practices
The User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) supports people who research, design, and evaluate the user experience of products and services.
The UPA (UXPA since 2012) was established in 1991 and continues to be the organization of choice for usability professionals worldwide. The UXPA holds a yearly international conference, publishes new findings through both the Journal of Usability Studies (JUS) and through User Experience Magazine, and has 50 chapters around the world. In 2004, the UPA established World Usability Day, which in 2009 was celebrated in over 40 countries.
The UXPA’s goals are to:
- Become the authoritative source on the practice of usability, user-centered design (UCD), and user experience (UX).
- Facilitate professional development and education within the UX field.
- Promote the business value of user experience, research, design and evaluation to business and other entities.
- Foster a community of user experience professionals through knowledge sharing and networking.
- Provide effective UXPA Governance.
Consider officially joining the User Experience Professionals Association by visiting their website UXPA!
Benefits of membership:
- Receive publications focused on usability
- Connect to other professionals
- Attend conferences and other events
- Find a job or hire someone for your team
- Develop your professional resources
- Receive exclusive member discounts